Recipes 2 Share
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dutch ~ Bokkenpootjes ~ Almond Meringue Cookies ( I love these!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2606
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Dutch ~ Bokkenpootjes ~ Almond Meringue Cookies ( I love these!) Empty
PostSubject: Dutch ~ Bokkenpootjes ~ Almond Meringue Cookies ( I love these!)   Dutch ~ Bokkenpootjes ~ Almond Meringue Cookies ( I love these!) EmptyJanuary 27th 2011, 8:46 pm

Ingredients

Almond Meringue Cookies:
* 8 egg whites
* 1 3/4 cups white sugar
* 5 1/4 cups almond meal
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* zest from 1 lemon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Butter-cream Filling:
* 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
* 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped

Directions

1. Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl. Gradually add the white sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Fold in the almond meal, cinnamon, lemon zest, and vanilla.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the meringue to a piping bag with a large plain tip (or a gallon-sized plastic zipper bag with the corner snipped off). Pipe the meringue into ladyfingers about 3 inches long. Set the pan aside and let the meringues dry at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Preheat an oven to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C).
4. Bake the cookies on the middle oven rack until dried but not yet brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow them to cool completely.
5. Make the filling by creaming the butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
6. To assemble the cookies, spread butter cream on the back of a cookie, sandwich it together with another cookie, and dip both ends in the melted chocolate. Let the dipped cookies dry on waxed paper or parchment.

Back to top Go down
https://recipes2share.forumotion.com

Dutch ~ Bokkenpootjes ~ Almond Meringue Cookies ( I love these!)
Page 1 of 1