Recipes 2 Share
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newby here :D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Newby here :D  Empty
PostSubject: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyAugust 27th 2011, 3:25 pm

Hi my Name is Wendy , you can call me w8, or w8n or what ever .... but I seen this forum as I was searching thru mine on the side .. I have been looking for a recipe Forum all day!! A great one !! And I just found one! Thanks! I hope I find some great recipes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2606
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyAugust 27th 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi there Wendy! Well, I am so glad that you found this forum. Thanks so much! I hope that you can find some good recipes here... Wink It's so nice to have you here!
Back to top Go down
https://recipes2share.forumotion.com
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptySeptember 26th 2011, 4:40 pm

I am not sure where to post this one. hmmmm
Eggplant meatballs :
1 large eggplant, about 1 pound , unpeeled
kosher salt
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, more if needed
1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
2T minced flat leaf parsely
1 garlic clove, minced
freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
Extra virgin olive oil for frying

Cut the eggplant in to 1 inch cubes. Bring 2 qt of water and 1 T salt to a boil in a 4qt pot over high heat and add the eggplant. Boil uncovered until eggplant is soft, about 10 mins. The cubes will want to float, so you will need to push them down into the water repeatedly with a spoon. Drain in a colander and let cool, then press on the eggplant with spoon to remove excess water. Finely chop by hand ( I put it in my food processor) In a bowl, combine
the eggplant, fresh breadcrumbs, cheese, parsely, and garlic. Blend gently with a fork, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in the egg thoroughly. Fry a small piece and taste to check seasoning.
Working with a little of the mixture at a time, roll between your palms into small balls about 1 inch in diameter and set them on a tray. If the mixture is too moist to roll easily, stir in a few more fresh breadcrumbs. Roll each ball in the fine breadcrumbs to coat.
Pour olive oil into skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch. Don't skimp on the oil or the meatballs won't cook properly. When oil begins to shimmer, drop in a meatball, it should sizzle immediately, if not it's not hot enough yet.
Place half the meatballs in the pan, turning them gently with a slotted spoon, so as not to break them, until they are deep brown all over, about 3 minutes total. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate. Cool and serve.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptySeptember 26th 2011, 5:14 pm

It would be fine with with the appetizers & snacks. Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---just click there and it will direct you to it.

Back to top Go down
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptySeptember 26th 2011, 5:41 pm

Got it!! Thanks!! I also got a carrot soup with shrimp. I have nevr tried it tho. Hubbs is gone for a week maby I will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptySeptember 26th 2011, 7:04 pm

I saw it thanks! You should, I loved it! Ha! That's a good time to try it out then! Laughing
Back to top Go down
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyOctober 31st 2011, 4:03 pm

I am looking for another pizza dough.
Bet you thought I left ys huh?? I was on Vacation.. But I am back!! I made some Chicken Soup while I was gone, ribs and sauerkraut , steaks on the grill..... It was sure delicious ... Just to let ya know fresh rosemary is wonderful in homemade chicken soup Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyOctober 31st 2011, 5:46 pm

You were missed! Vacation...? Sounds great!! I hope you had a good time! Yummmm sounds good! I'll see if I have a pizza dough recipe somewhere, I thought I did! Ha! Welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyOctober 31st 2011, 5:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will make sure to add more soon.
Back to top Go down
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyNovember 10th 2011, 10:44 pm

we had a pulled pork the other day that was the best I have ever had.. Wow I have to post that one for sure!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyNovember 11th 2011, 6:19 pm

LOL! PLease do!
Back to top Go down
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyJanuary 3rd 2012, 4:01 pm

I have to apologize for not being here, my G'son lost all my favs and of course this was in there!! Going to have to find a way to book mark it .. dang it!! I have been missing it in here.... I am back tho Smile
Back to top Go down
w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyJanuary 3rd 2012, 4:04 pm

Got some cajun recipes to share Smile I got me a cajun cook book hehehe for a gift! Smile hope your new year is wonderful!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  EmptyJanuary 3rd 2012, 9:18 pm

I love Cajun food, I made some [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for New Years eve it was so...... good! Yes please share, share, share! lol Which book is it?
It was good and how about yours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newby here :D    Newby here :D  Empty

Back to top Go down

Newby here :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Recipes 2 Share :: A Place To Share Recipes-
Jump to: