Recipes 2 Share
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sweet and Sour Pork

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2606
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Sweet and Sour Pork Empty
PostSubject: Sweet and Sour Pork   Sweet and Sour Pork EmptySeptember 17th 2013, 4:00 pm

Sweet and Sour Pork

I made the Sweet and Sour Pork with my mother and sister. We had all given up this dish when eating out—the batter and super sweet sauce didn't fit my diet plan even before I had to become gluten free. This was a tasty and much lighter alternative. We loved the flavors of pineapple and peppers with the crunch of the water chestnuts.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
9 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided {Check for Gluten} $
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce {Check for Gluten}
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces $
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup) $
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup) $
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
3 cups hot cooked brown or white rice
1 green onion, cut diagonally into thin slices (optional)
Preparation

1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved juice, 6 tablespoons stock, ketchup, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Combine cornstarch and remaining stock in another small bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork mixture in hot oil 5 minutes or until pork is done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Add onion, bell peppers, and water chestnuts to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ketchup mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in cornstarch mixture, pineapple chunks, and pork mixture with any accumulated juices. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve immediately over rice. Garnish with green onion slices, if desired.
Back to top Go down
https://recipes2share.forumotion.com

Sweet and Sour Pork
Page 1 of 1